Leek Cauliflower Soup
A roasted leek and cauliflower soup recipe
Servings: 3 people
- 1 head Cauliflower Chopped
- 1 Leek white to light green part, chopped
- 4 Shallots or small onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic i used two bulbs green garlic, chopped
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 tablespoons Whole Cream
- Salt And Pepper i used a smoked sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 410
On greased baking sheets (I had to use two) spread out the cauliflower, leek, onion/shallot and garlic pieces and drizzle with more olive oil (and salt and pepper, if you wish). Bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
Ever ten minutes, give the pans a shake - you want the pieces to be browned but not burnt.
Add baked cauliflower/allium mix to a blender, along with the stock and cream, and blend until smooth.
Taste and season as appropriate with salt, pepper and any other seasonings that you would like.