Welcome to Low Carb Kitty! LowCarbKitty.com is a low carb blog featuring low carb, high fat, gluten free recipes
I love bullet points!
- I have two black cats, one is smart, the other is dumb, both are cute
- I had thyroid cancer and live a life without a thyroid gland (link goes to another site I run for thryoid-less living support). It’s not so bad but you gotta be careful about some things… like weight loss!
- I initially did the ketogenic diet to lose weight, but then not only did I lose weight, I was soo much happier and energetic!
- This has led me to start heavily researching WHY, which led me down the rabbit hole that the way we, as Americans, are taught nutrition is WRONG.
- Our nutritional pyramid and education is driven by lobbyists. I love my country SO MUCH but we are capitalists, and unfortunately that means even our food recommendations are driven by money. So the food we have been eating is not optimal for many people.
- I also am into endurance cycling and am making the shift into long distance cycling while in ketosis, which is opposite of everything you are taught in endurance sports (which is carb load, carb up!)
- Hope to help other people who are also interesting in moving to this lifestyle or already immersed in making the life change to being liberated from the drag-down components of complex carbohydrates!
Low Carb Kitty is available for advertising opportunities and product reviews. I would love to hear from you; please email me at LowCarbKitty@Gmail.com (I have the worst luck with forms, so I don’t want to risk not getting your email!).