There were also feelings of guilt (why not just use household alternatives?) and concerns of cheese snobbery (am I becoming a cheese snob, by elevating my cheese to their own special bags??). But ever since I went low carb/high fat, cheese has become a very important part of my diet.
While wrapping up my cheese, I had Robert Palmer’s song ‘Addicted to Love’ in my head, except I was replacing ‘love’ with ‘cheese’.
It seems apt.
You like to think that you’re immune to the stuff…oh yeah
It’s closer to the truth to say you can’t get enough
You know you’re gonna have to face it
You’re addicted to cheese
Wondering what I have in the drawer? Here’s the list:
- Trader Joe’s Pesto Gouda – not great on it’s own, but FANTASTIC when shredded over zucchini noodles. WOW.
- A high end Gruyere – Get a high quality version, not the cheap junk at the grocery store. Great shredded over eggs and stands on it’s own.
- Trader Joe’s Red bell pepper and chili pepper cheese – So delicious that I didn’t even cut it up, I just chewed directly from the hunk of cheese. 🙁
- Iberico – Not a personal favorite, got it to entertain guests
- Aged Parm – for all your parmesan recipe needs.
- Trader Joe’s White Cheddar with caramelized onions – SO GOOD. This was everyone’s favorite when I served it the other day.
- A giant block of Tillamook Sharp Cheddar – Uhh because there are a billion uses for sharp cheddar. #1 being directly eating chunks of sharp cheddar.
- Mystery Cheese – No idea what it is, I put it in a plastic baggie with no wrapped. But it tastes good. YAY mystery cheese!
What is some of your favorite cheese??
Alexa @ The Mindful Maritimer says
The crazy thing about my addiction is that I used to hate cheese with a passion until I came abroad to France! Since being here I eat it every single day and have become obsessed! My favorite types would have to be Camembert and compte for sure!
I am so very jealous. Silly question, but are there certain ‘brands’ of those cheeses you prefer in France? Maybe I can find them here!
I can so relate to your cheese addiction, it is without a doubt my favorite thing to eat! My current favorite is a fairly local cheese by a company called “cows creamery” (that company from pei that sells the cow tshirts, if you are familiar with them) , it is applewood smoked cheddar. Sooooo good! Currently I am eating a piece of kerrygold irish cheddar, it’s pretty good too! Pretty much the sharper the cheese, the more I like it!
MMM I love a good sharp cheese. Question – are you located in Canada? I looked up Cows Creamery and they look like they are based out of Canada 🙂
Yes I am in eastern Canada, the company is out of Prince Edward Island. Their apple wood smoked won a national cheese competition last year, I believe.
You know, I’ll be in northernmost Maine in a few weeks. Maybe I can find it in the local stores ^_^ I’ll update you if I do!