While perusing my local Buy Nothing group, I saw someone giving away some low carb pancake mix they tried and didn’t care for. I had never heard of Lakanto before, much less the Lakanto Pancake and Waffle mix but that’s fine. Low carb AND pancakes? Count me in!
On a side note, when I picked up the mix, the person had a really cute kitty staring at me through the window. MEW!
I’ve made pancakes twice so far, using the recommended directions but doubled. While I have a waffle iron, I have not tried waffles with it yet. If I do, I will update this review.
- Only requires three additional ingredients – coconut oil, egg and water
- Makes a nice, fluffy pancake
- Pancake has good texture and mouth feel
- Pancake doesn’t have any strange after taste
- Pancakes cooked VERY fast!! Less than two minutes??
- About 7 net carbs per serving (around 4-5 pancakes)
- On the dry side
- Can’t be eaten plain – must be doctored up with butter and/or sugar free syrup or other options
- It says it is pre-sweetened with monkfruit sweetener but trust me, it will need something else
- Made me realize my syrup expired in 2015 but I still ate the syrup
- Bag didn’t re-seal properly
I’d give the Lakanto Pancake and Waffle mix product a solid four stars out of five. It’s a fair price point (~$13 on Amazon right now for a bag that will make about 50+ pancakes) for a decent, tasty product. While I got this product for free from a neighbor, I would definitely purchase it in the future.
If you are having huge cravings and want a special ketogenic treat for a Sunday morning breakfast, the Lakanto Pancake and Waffle mix is good product to try.
For those that have tried it, what are your thoughts??
Why Mommy WHY