Craving Thai Curry. Craving Shrimp. Shrimp and Curry? Match made in heaven.
I had a slew of veggies from my CSA box that I chopped up and sauteed in coconut oil. Add in some shrimp, green curry sauce and coconut cream, and you have a high fat low carb curry shrimp meal.
What’s that? You want to have it on rice to absorb the liquid? No problem.
Hack up a cauliflower, nuke it in the microwave while sauteing dinner, and you got yourself a nice, fluffy bed of “rice” to serve your curry shrimp on.
And you know what makes it all sorts of EXTRA GREEN and extra healthy? Throw in a 1/2 cup of pureed spinach. Won’t affect the flavor, but will add some great extra color.
Low Carb Curry Shrimp on Cauliflower Rice
- 0.5 heads Cauliflower
- 0.5 pounds Green Beans
- 5 Sweet Peppers i used gypsy peppers and mini sweet peppers that came in my csa box - bell peppers work as well
- 0.5 cups Pureed Spinach ~4oz spinach, blended
- Coconut Oil
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Cream/milk
- 0.5 cups Green Curry*
- Chop up the cauliflower and process in food processor until 'riced'. Place in microwave safe bowl, sprinkle some water on it, and microwave for 12 minutes, stopping every four minutes to stir
- Chop up green beans and peppers, sautee in coconut oil until soft
- Add in shrimp and sautee until almost cooked
- Add in curry and coconut cream, stir to blend and let simmer until shrimp is fully cooked
- Serve on top of cauliflower rice
*I see on Amazon the reviews are poor for the Trader Joe’s Green Curry but we really liked it. It can be pretty spicy but the coconut cream mellowed out the spice (I am extremely sensitive/intolerant to spice, so if I can eat it, anyone can eat it). We thought it was very tasty (although I didn’t love it until AFTER I added the coconut cream), so I would love to hear your opinion on this or another green curry.