It is also a very pretty color, so if you are deciding what to make your loved ones on 2/14 (or in general!), this is a good choice. If they love chocolate, also consider my low carb chocolate mousse made with a secret vegetable ingredient.
So the secret with the ice cream maker is just to shove the bucket part into the back of your freezer, so it’s there when you want to make ice cream. It is also super easy to clean and shove back into the freezer.
The trick is to
Blackberry Low Carb Ice Cream
- 2 cups Whole Cream
- Blackberries the small clamshell size at the store
- 20 drops Liquid Stevia
- 1.5 teaspoons Vanilla
- pinch Salt
- Roughly chop blackberries in a food processor or manually mush them to a pulp with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, mix your cream, stevia, salt, vanilla and berry mush
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour
- Pour into ice cream maker and run for 15-20 minutes
Makes six servings – 3 net carbs, 17g fat & 144 calories per serving
Mine (miraculously, I was good about portion control) lasted about five days (I ate 1/2 cup every night for dessert) and it kept very well in the freezer. Got pretty firm so I would scoop and then let it sit to soften while I ate dinner.