It’s so incredibly easy to make your own sugar-free cranberry sauce. The first time I did it last year, I was blown away and never looked back. Not only is it sugar free, but it’s low carb as well and if you make it at home you know it will not be cross contaminated if there are any gluten sensitivities in your household or holiday guest list. This one recipe will take care of just about all common food allergies – unless your guest is allergic to cranberries!
Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce
A sugar-free cranberry sauce recipe that is super easy to make
- 12 ounces Cranberries
- 0.5 cups Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (broken in half)
- 5 drops Orange Stevia (Or Orange extract; can sub with citrus juice)
- 15 drops Liquid Stevia (10 – 15 drops)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- Put cranberries, water, cinnamon sticks, stevia, orange flavoring, and a dash of nutmeg and cloves in a sauce pan
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a mild simmer
- Simmer for about ten minutes, occasionally stirring while cranberries burst
- Taste and then add any additional sweetener based on preference
- Mixture will thicken up when chilled
See how easy it is to make sugar-free cranberry sauce? And it’s only 11 net carbs for the ENTIRE batch. It makes about two cups, so if serving size = 1/4 cup (people don’t tend to load up on cranberry sauce, except people like me who worship it), then carbs per serving is ~1.3g!!
Mary Helen says
The recipe may be wonderful. But it took 5 pieces of paper to print! When it should have been printable on 1 page! Are you opposed to having trees?
Oh no! I love trees and I manage document digitization projects at work just to try to protect more trees. Not sure why it took five pages, but it was probably because it printed out the entire site.
I’ll implement something in a future update where you can just print JUST the recipe instead of the whole site.
Thanks for the heads up, and let me know what you think of the recipe!