That is delicious as well as pretty. ^_^
This recipe takes no time at all if you have a food processor with slice/chop blades.
Part of what helps keep this recipe low carb is using full fat labneh. If you don’t have a middle eastern market near you, you can substitute with Greek yogurt. I personally prefer the taste of labne over Greek yogurt (it’s thicker).
I roasted my beets ahead of time and had them stored in the freezer. Trust me on this one – do not try to ‘shred’ the beets in the food processor. You will get a gloopy mess. So I cubed them by hand.
Sassy Beet Coleslaw
- 1 head Cabbage
- 6 Small Carrots,
- 3 Beets or raw, if you prefer
- 0.5 cups Labneh
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Ponzu Sauce
- 8 drops Stevia
- Shred the cabbage and carrots (I used the chop blade for the cabbage and shred blade for the carrots)
- Manually cut/CUBE the beets (do not try to shred in the food processor!)
- Lightly mix the cabbage, carrots and beets together in a large bowl
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a seperate bowl
- Pour mix over vegetables and gently mix together.
Makes 8 cups of slaw. Serving size 1/2 cup -3 net carbs.
I know, that is a lot of slaw. So feel free to halve the ingredients if you don’t want to eat slaw for a week. You can add the recipe on MyFitnessPal to track it.
Items used to make this meal: