This labor of love was brought to you by obsession; I was completely obsessed with the thought of making a fun, purple cauliflower recipe. Fun fact: The purple color is caused by the presence of the antioxidant group anthocyanins (Source). I mean, just LOOK at how PRETTY it is!! What a lovely color.
So BEHOLD! A Purple Cauliflower Recipe – Playdough
Purple Cauliflower - Playdough Cookies
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 0.5 cups Almond Flour
- 0.5 cups Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Purple Cauliflower Blended
- 2 tablespoons Zsweet or sweetener choice
- 2 tablespoons Sf Vanilla Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 0.25 cups Nuts/seeds
- 0.25 cups Coconut Flakes i used lc foods' raspberry, pumpkin seed and coconut snack pack trail mix* as the nut/coconut flake substitute...except all the raspberries may have been eaten before they got mixed in
- Chop up, steam and blend the cauliflower to a smooth consistency
- Mix by hand one cup of the blended cauliflower with an egg, the flours, and the butter
- Add in the sweeteners and extracts, mix by hand
- Add in your nuts/seeds/coconut flakes (I do recommend having something added in for texture)
- Roll out and flatten the cookies with your hand on a greased baking sheet. For fun, I made two 'donuts' with a donut pan as well. I actually really like the way they tasted (more "doughier"), but they didn't hold together super strong. Future note: glaze the donut ones for extra holding strength and tastiness.
- Bake for 14 minutes at 375 or until firm
- Let cool and enjoy!!
Makes 12 – 15 cookies.
Here is the review for LC Foods (and the LC DOES stand for Low Carb) tasty low carb trail mix.