Every week lately in my CSA basket I have been getting kale. Kale. Kale. Kale. I AM SO SICK OF KALE. I couldn’t stand the thought of cramming more leaves down my throat, so I decided it was time to turn that kale into a non leaf meal. So I came up with this kale recipe that would mask the leafy origins of kale and turn it into a kid friendly mash.
High level – blend up the kale with cauliflower and coconut cream and you got yourself a vibrant green, super tasty kale recipe. NO LEAF EATING REQUIRED.
Coconut Cauliflower Mash with Kale . Say NO to leaves!
- 1 Cauliflower Small
- 1 bunch Kale i used dinosaur kale
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Milk the thick creamy kind that comes in a can
- 4 tablespoons Salt
- Steam the cauliflower
- While steaming the cauliflower, tear the kale leaves off the stems and place leaves in a bowl
- Once cauliflower is tender, drain and plop it into the food processor and process it for a few seconds until getting smooth
- Steam kale for a few minutes until tender
- Place steamed kale and coconut milk cream into blender and process until smooth. Add at least two tablespoons of salt during this process.
- Transfer kale goop to the food processor and blend kale and cauliflower together. Add salt as needed (you really need salt to enhance the flavor of the kale) as well as some pepper
- If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese