There were also feelings of guilt (why not just use household alternatives?) and concerns of cheese snobbery (am I becoming a cheese snob, by elevating my cheese to their own special bags??). But ever since I went low carb/high fat, cheese has become a very important part of my diet.
While wrapping up my cheese, I had Robert Palmer’s song ‘Addicted to Love’ in my head, except I was replacing ‘love’ with ‘cheese’.
It seems apt.
You like to think that you’re immune to the stuff…oh yeah
It’s closer to the truth to say you can’t get enough
You know you’re gonna have to face it
You’re addicted to cheese
Wondering what I have in the drawer? Here’s the list:
- Trader Joe’s Pesto Gouda – not great on it’s own, but FANTASTIC when shredded over zucchini noodles. WOW.
- A high end Gruyere – Get a high quality version, not the cheap junk at the grocery store. Great shredded over eggs and stands on it’s own.
- Trader Joe’s Red bell pepper and chili pepper cheese – So delicious that I didn’t even cut it up, I just chewed directly from the hunk of cheese. 🙁
- Iberico – Not a personal favorite, got it to entertain guests
- Aged Parm – for all your parmesan recipe needs.
- Trader Joe’s White Cheddar with caramelized onions – SO GOOD. This was everyone’s favorite when I served it the other day.
- A giant block of Tillamook Sharp Cheddar – Uhh because there are a billion uses for sharp cheddar. #1 being directly eating chunks of sharp cheddar.
- Mystery Cheese – No idea what it is, I put it in a plastic baggie with no wrapped. But it tastes good. YAY mystery cheese!
What is some of your favorite cheese??