I am pleased to provide a low carb chicken recipe from guest chef Nicole, who has a formal culinary background and has lost over 65 pounds through the low carb ketogenic diet!
Looking for a good low carb chicken recipe that is breaded and cripsy, without the gluten and carbs? Check out this cool modification using pork rinds aka chicharones.
You can find fresh chicharrones at your local Hispanic/Latin goods grocery store. You can also order them on Amazon.com. Break up the chicharrones and grind them in the food processor. Nicole ended up with about a cup of grounded pork rinds from about a bag of pork rinds.
Low Carb Chicken Schnitzel
- 0.25 cups taco seasoning
- 0.25 cups Almond Flour
- 1 cup Ground Pork Rinds
- dash Salt
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil Several
- 1 Lemon
- Mix all of the ingredients together in one bowl
- Beat the two eggs together and season with salt in a separate bowl
- Pound the chicken breasts flat with a mallet or rolling pin and cut in half
- Dip the chicken in egg then in pork rind mixture. Pat the breading on to make sure it really sticks. Do not keep any unused breading, as it has come into contact with raw chicken.
- Fry the chicken in coconut oil until crispy on both sides, turning often but gently as to no disturb the sexy golden crust.
- Finish them off in the oven at 400 for about 6-8 mins until the thermometer hit 165.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice and inhale
Nicole loved this recipe because it reminded her of the schnitzle her German mother would make when she was a child.
Want to see more recipes from Nicole? Click here to see all of Cupid’s mom’s recipes!