Today’s low carb souffle recipe came about through a series of odd events.
In my oddly dyslexic mind, I thought I had a bunch of sorrel (which I’ve had once before in my life) in last week’s CSA box. Having only briefly glanced at the items list and remembering an ‘s’, I mentally populated it with sorrel.
Imagine my taste buds’ disgust upon trying to chew on raw SAGE.
Low Carb Souffle
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 0.5 cups Almond Flour
- 0.5 cups Fresh Sage
- 1 Garlic Scape or garlic clove
- 4 ounces Goat Cheese chevre
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Half And Half
- Parmesan Cheese grated
- Salt And Pepper
- 4 Ramekins 4" diameter
- For the crust, which is optional, melt butter and stir in almond flour.
- Spray ramekins with cooking spray, even if not using crust (I use Trader Joe's coconut oil Non stick cooking spray)
- Evenly line each ramekin with almond flour mixture
- With slightly softened goat cheese, flatten with with your fingers and press on top of almond flour base. If omitting base, smush goat cheese into bottom of ramekin. Use 1 oz of goat cheese per ramekin.
- Sprinkle sage and garlic evenly in each ramekin
- In bowl, mix eggs, half and half, salt and pepper - spread evenly into each ramekin
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on each
- Cook for 40-45 minutes or until set.
Sidenote: My belly was being mushed the whole time I wrote this by a certain pesky kitty