My CSA box only gave me one cousa squash. One. I also had only one pre-cooked sausage from the prior night’s dinner. One.
What happens when you core out a squash and shove a sausage into it?
Squasage. That's right. Squasage.
- 1 Squash cousa, yellow squash, zucchini - needs to be large enough to handle a sausage (*snicker*)
- 1 Pre-Cooked Sausage I love Aidell's apple&chicken sausage
- 2 tbsp Grated Cheese I used parmesan
- 6 tbsp Marinara Sauce I used Cucina Antica - no HFCS!
- Cut off the ends of your squash
- Using a coring tool, core out the seeds/guts of the squash to where you have enough room to shovel Mr. Sausage in there
- Plop cored squash onto baking sheet (along with any other veggies you want to roast for the meal) and bake for about 40 minutes in the oven
- Shovel the sausage into the squash (this is pretty fun, honestly)
- Shove cheese into any nooks/crannies in the squash around the sausage
- Bake for ten more minutes
- Slice against the squash (see pic) using sharp knife
- Serve with marinara sauce
This was an all out CSA box for me, as I served this with:
-Roasted carrots, yellow squash and radishes (tossed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper, then roasted along side the zucchini – yay multitasking!)
-Salad (lettuce from CSA basket, too!) with fresh tomato
So I really called this dinner “Veggie Bin Delight”, because I had to use all the darn veggies in my fridge!
9 net carbs per serving!