One of my favorite ‘go to’ easy peasy comfort foods is a low carb bangers and mash variation. “Bangers and Mash” is a British dish that is essentially sausage and mashed potatoes.
Low Carb Bangers and Mash
- 2 stalks green garlic (can use three cloves of regular garlic)
- 2 Shallots Medium Sized
- Olive Oil
- 1 head Cauliflower Chopped, steamed
- 4 tablespoons Goat Cheese OR MOAR
- 2 tablespoons Whole Cream Or half n' half
- 2 Sea Salt and Gound Pepper (get a damn peppermill if you don't have one!)
- Sautee for ten minutes in a few tablespoons of olive oil over low to medium heat (nice n' caramelized). Don't forget to give them a good shake/stir every few minutes.
- After dumping the allium-buddies into the sautee pan, turn around and chop up your cauliflower and steam the pieces. (I used this in between cook time to chop up the veggies and use another sautee pan for the sausages)
- Throw garlic, shallots, cauliflower, cream, and goat cheese into food processor and BLEND till you reach desired texture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- If doing a sauteed veggie, use the nicely oiled pan that was used by the onions/garlic and throw in your veggies, cooking fat, seasonings, and cook!
Voila. Grill up your sausages and serve up a nice heap of low carb bangers and mash!