Due to getting so much produce from my CSA basket, I need to cook for more people than just myself. Fortunately, I have a lot of fantastic friends willing to be guinea pigs for my low carb cookin’.
My dear friend Axo came over the other night. The catch? Axo is a devout vegetarian. As you may have noticed, low carb can be difficult if you are vegetarian/vegan due to an animal protein/fat emphasis. We worked on this recipe together and it was freakin’ delicious. I would make it again even without having him come over.
This will work with just about anything you have lurking in your veggie bin, so get crazy, creative, and use up those veggies!
Low Carb Vegetarian Stir Fry
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 0.5 pounds Green Beans
- 1 head Broccoli or Broccolini
- 2 Gypsy Peppers
- 2 Small Yellow Squash for "chow mein" effect
- 3 stalks Celery
- 30 ounces Extra Firm Sprouted Tofu a package
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Salt And Pepper
- Heat up a saute pan with olive oil and simmer onion and garlic until translucent
- Add green beans and broccoli and saute for a few minutes
- If you have a separate saute pan, heat up pan, add coconut oil, then add tofu pieces (be careful for splatter as tofu has water content and may lead to oil splatter when added to pan)
- Add gypsy peppers, squash and celery to the green bean/broccoli mixture
- Sprinkle soy sauce on green bean/broccoli mixture to preferred taste
- Once tofu has reached desired level of browning, gently mix into green bean/broccoli mixture
- Season to taste!
*Sprouted tofu has lower carb content.