While commuting to work this morning, I heard a commercial for pizza. I didn’t think much about it, but while driving home today I realized I had all the ingredients needed to make a low carb crust pizza.
And then I became irrationally fixated on needing to eat pizza.
And now I sit here, having eaten an entire pizza fresh from the oven.
I regret NOTHING!
Spinach Pizza with Low Carb Pizza Crust
- 2 cups Riced Cauliflower* Very finely riced
- Tomato Sauce i love the cucina antica brand - tasty, natural and low carb
- Fresh Spinach
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese 1/2 cup
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Toppings i used spinach and mushrooms
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with aluminum foil (spray with non stick cooking spray)
- Microwave your riced cauliflower for around four minutes
- Mix egg, a handful of spinach and parm cheese into the cauliflower
- Dump mixture onto baking sheet and mush around with hands into desired crust shape. I got creative and went with a "circle". I know, wild and crazy me! Keep the crust under half an inch. This made about an 8" pie.
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Pull from oven and put about two tablespoons of marinara sauce on the crust, which should be lightly springy and a golden brown. Layer cheese and veggies in desired arrangement.
- Pop back into oven and cook for about 5 more minutes
- Eat it before anyone comes home and tries to steal a slice.