I have a surplus of shredded coconut, due to accidentally over ordering (four bags for only $13!). This fantastic sugar free macaroon recipe from CavemanKeto was recommended to me to help use up the shredded coconut and it came out SUPER tasty.
I made some slight adjustments to the recipe. You really do need to further shred down the coconut if you are using the Bob’s Red Mill unsweetened coconut flakes so either throw them into a food processor to refine, or use a hand emulsifier to combine everything together (I did the latter).
Sugar Free Macaroons
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 cups Shredded
- Stevia To Taste And/or Orange Stevia
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 teaspoons Water
- MIX ALL INGREDIENTS! OR if you want to get fancy, you can beat your egg whites and fold in the coconut.
- I used regular stevia on half the cookies, and the orange stevia on the other half. I loved the taste of both.
- Grease a whoopie pie pan (or make little patties and flatten on a greased tray) and pop into oven
- Decrease oven temperature to 325 after putting in the cookies
- Bake about 15 minutes
Makes 7 – 9, depending if you add the extra water.
These sugar free macaroons are a little chewy and become super addictive the more you chew, so be warned. I had to bag up and hide the rest of the cookies from my immediate view to not eat them all in one night.