I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving break and is adjusting to the upheaval of the holiday season. I consider pumpkin season to last all winter long, so here is a coconut pumpkin muffin recipe.
I accidentally bought a four count box of unsweetened coconut flakes online. The price was so cheap that I thought it was just one bag; I mean, $10 for FOUR 12oz bags? Ack! So you’ll probably be seeing coconut flakes used in quite a few future recipes. Here is a coconut pumpkin muffin recipe that blends some of my favorite flavors (coconut and pumpkin) together into a tasty breakfast treat.
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup golden flaxseed flour
- 5 drops vanilla stevia (or 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and additional sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon Lo Han Guo powder or liquid
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Directions:Pre heat oven to 375
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly
- Fill cupcake liners with batter – I made both regular and mini muffin sizes
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick runs clean
Makes about 15 mini-coconut pumpkin muffins (if using a mini cupcake pan), or 10 big muffins (if using a regular muffin/cupcake pan).