There are days when you just need some flippin’ ice cream. That time of the month, bad day at work, frikkin’ hot outside, combination of all of the above. Regardless of your reason (or no reason at all!) here is an easy dairy free chocolate ice cream recipe that is also low carb. I always keep these ingredients lying around the house, so it can be whipped up last minute. Within 20 minutes, if you keep your ice cream maker in the freezer (which I do, at all times, just waiting for this exact moment).
If chocolate ain’t your thang, here is a recipe for low carb blackberry ice cream.
Dairy Free Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 can Coconut Milk/cream full fat
- dash Salt
- Mix all ingredients and set in ice cream maker, as per ice cream maker's directions
- I tend to eat mine straight out of the ice cream maker, so it's a bit soft (hence the picture). You can scoop it out of the maker and put it into a bowl - pop bowl into freezer to firm up ice cream.
This dairy free chocolate ice cream recipes makes 2-3 servings.
Enjoy with a home made whipped cream – just stick an immersion blender into a cup of heavy whipping cream (and a few drops of stevia, if so desired) and you have yourself some high fat, low carb bliss. I totally broke down and got a super cute purple immersion blender. And I have the turquoise Cuisinart Ice Cream maker. NO SHAME IN THE CUTE COLORS!