That’s right. A baking pan.
I use my baking (I just accidentally typed ‘bacon’) pans so much that without them, I’d be rendered helpless.
Top uses of baking pans:
1. Bacon – Cook tons of bacon at the same time, easy clean up (just line with tinfoil) and stays nice and straight
2. Roasted veggies – Easiest way ever to cook a big batch of tasty veggies
3. Fish – Clean, simple and easy
4. Bacon – See Above
5. Cookies – I don’t bake often, but when I do, I use a baking pan
Until Christmas, I only had a cheap baking pan that was acquired sometime over the past ten years. After seeing how much I used my baking pan and needed a second, a friend bought me this Nordic baking pan. I honestly never thought there was really a difference in baking pans. I was wrong.
Important things to consider for your baking pans:
- Make sure it has edges/ridges and is not completely flat – that way things won’t spill out
- Make sure it’s not junky/flimsy, as this could cause items to burn to the bottom
- Make sure it’s the right size for your oven – I’ve lived in places where the pan was too big for the junky oven in my apartment!
Conclusion – own at LEAST two of these bad boys. I find my bacon takes up two sheets, and let’s be honest – it’s pretty critical to ensure you can cook all your bacon at once!
Leave a Reply