Because mashy mushy comfort food rules. And when that mashy mushy comfort food can be healthy, low carb and beyond delicious, then it needs to be shared. Over and over and over again.
Here are all the mash recipes I have to date:
- A cauli-mash featuring the allium family and goat cheese
- A mash made from broccoli
- A cauli-mash using kale and greens
- Coconut kale cauli-mash
- A mash made from various root vegetables
- Cream cheese and chive mash
- Celeriac root and carrot mash
- A rutabaga mash
SO CAN YOU TELL I LOVE MASHES?
Friday night had only a little time, and a few meager ingredients in the fridge and freezer. I whipped this meal up within 20 minutes and literally closed my eyes with joy after the first forkful; that is how tasty it was.
Keeping a bag of frozen, pre-cooked shrimp in the freezer is always a huge win – so quick to thaw and yummy to eat, great protein source to keep you in line.
I also had a head of cauliflower and my usual assortment of cheeses and butter. I recommend getting a high end salt – seriously, high end salt can make a WORLD Of difference with your meals!!
Low Carb Cauliflower Mash with Shrimp
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3.25 Shredded Cheese
- Maldon Smoked Sea Salt
- teaspoon Pepper i have a peppermill i got from costco, fresh cracked is the way to go!
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- Chop up the cauliflower (get rid of the stem/leaves) and steam until tender
- In your handy dandy food processor, add the cauliflower and the rest of the ingredients. If you are like me and have a smaller sized food processor, you may need to do this in batches. Just evenly divide the ingredients and cauliflower. Don't try to overload the food processor with cauliflower - it will not puree evenly! Spoon each batch into a big bowl, and when done, mix it all together so you have an even tasting final product.
- Make sure to add the cheese, butter, cream, pepper, and salt while the steamed cauliflower is still hot. That way it melts together into a delicious yummy mash. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
For the shrimp, I literally just thawed them and threw them in a pan with some butter and some creole seasoning. The spicy shrimp went perfectly against the smooth, creamy, cheesy low carb cauliflower mash.
This delicious side is only 4 net carbs per serving and will fill you right up.