What a busy past month! I bought a place, had it renovated, was sent to London last minute for work, and then moved.
I’ve been living off of sliced turkey and cheese, but am finally up and cooking in my new kitchen.
Long time readers will probably have noticed I don’t post many chicken recipes. I’m not a fan of chicken in general, but after seeing this delicious looking low carb chicken nuggets over at Fat Cat Keto, I had to give it a try.
Well, it was a learning experience using my new stove. Apparently there is an ‘ultra hot hot hot’ for ‘long pots’, and I burnt my oil and first batch of chicken. I tried both a fry and a bake version.
I also got a new food processor! WOOO!!! I splurged and got the a fly stainless steel 11 cup Cuisinart. I used it tonight for the first time and was VERY happy. I’ll post a review in another update. But it was perfect timing to make these Low Carb Chicken Nuggets.
Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast
- 2 bags 3oz Pork Rinds i used mission picante pork rinds
- 1 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 4 Eggs
- Coconut Oil
- In your food processor, empty one bag of the pork rinds and 1/2 cup of the flaxseed meal
- Place pork rind mixture into a large bowl
- Cut chicken up into small, consistently sized pieces (mine were about 1.5"x1.5")
- In a bowl, mix two eggs with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, and then coat in the mixture
- Repeat this process with the second half of the ingredients to finish coating all the chicken
To bake: Set oven to 380 degrees, and bake for 20 minutes. 10 minutes in, give the chicken a shake
To fry: Heat up coconut oil over medium heat and cook for about 4 minutes per side, turning chicken, until cooked
Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing! Serves 4.
If you want the baked ones crispy, or if you go to re-heat, just heat up some coconut oil and throw them in to crisp them up!
Products used to make the Low Carb Chicken Nuggets: