Invited to a superbowl party, or hosting your own? Need to bring a low carb Super Bowl appetizer or snack so you don’t wreck your eating habits?
Look no farther! Another recipe from my low carber buddy, Nicole, is here to meet your needs.
Regardless of everyone’s eating habits, these will be a hit with all. WHO CAN RESIST BUBBLY BAKED CHEESE!?
So who are you rooting for? Sea Hawks or Broncos? I’m a Patriots fan (sort of.. never glommed onto football while growing up after the defeat by the Bears in the 80’s).
Low Carb Super Bowl Appetizer
- Shaved Parmesan
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1 pack Baby Bells Mushrooms stems removed and set aside
- 6 Mini Bell Peppers
- 0.5 pounds Italian Sausage
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- Chopped Mushroom Stems
- Salt And Pepper
- Spices Such As Garlic Powder
- Cook sausage until browned
- Parboil (boil) the bell pepper for three minutes, then cut length wise and seed
- Mix together the cream cheese, chopped up mushroom stems, and sausage, salt and pepper and any optional spices
- Stuff mushroom caps and bell peppers with the mixture
- Place mushroom caps and bell peppers on tinfoil lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle shaved cheese and bacon bits on top
- Bake for 12 minutes (should be golden and bubbly)
- Let cool for five minutes to avoid mouth-burn!