Broccoli – I love you, but I’m not IN love with you. I look at you, and don’t want to have you steamed, sauteed, or even covered in cheese anymore. But I’m willing to make this relationship work, so let’s try something new. Something fun. Let’s turn you into a broccoli MASH. That’ll get the fire going again!
Mashing isn’t just for cauliflower, you know! Try mashing up your broccoli for a completely new look and taste. My friend Nicole (who has guest blogged here before) shared this idea with me. I tried it last night, and it’s a winner!
- Food processor
- 2 heads Broccoli
- 4 tablespoons Shredded Cheese I used a parmesan/romano mix
- 0.25 cups Butter 1/2 stick
- 0.25 cups Whole Cream
- Salt And Pepper
- Coarsely cut up the broccoli tops and upper part of the stems into pieces
- Steam broccoli until easily pierced with fork
- Put in processor (I had to do mine in two batches) and blend until mostly pureed.
- Add in butter and cheese, blend
- Add in cream until you reach desired consistency
- Salt and pepper to taste
Voila! I did the whole thing while waiting for my sausages to cook (grilled them up all proper like) and served with my broccoli mash.