Tis the season for pumpkin, pumpkin pie and other comforting pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin something something something.
After making a beet custard the other day becoming enlightened on how ridiculously easy it is to make custard, I then glanced around the interweb and modified various recipes into a low carb custard recipe. All these custards and puddings are making me want to go buy cuter ramekins. Why don’t they make black cat ramekins?
Low Carb Custard - Maple Pumpkin Pie
- 4 Beaten Eggs
- 1 can Pure Pumpkin 15 ounce
- 0.5 cups Whole Cream
- 0.25 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Maple Extract
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 0.25 teaspoons Ground Cloves
- 1 drops Liquid Stevia
- Crack your four eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk
- Add pumpkin and cream and mix; add the extracts and spices, mix
- Spritz your ramekins with cooking spray; pour mixture evenly into ramekins
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Let cool in fridge for several hours or overnight.
My favorite recipe that this is closest to is from a cool site called SugarFreeMom.com – just want to give kudos to her inspirational site and recipe.