This recipe was inspired by Caveman Keto’s Bacon Breakfast Muffins.
It was this recipe that helped get me through the first few weeks of my transition into a low carb diet. I am a cereal addict. I love cereal. I can’t eat just one bowl. Special K was a particular weakness for me.
Then I found this recipe for bacon egg muffins and it made mornings oh so much tastier and convenient.
These bacon egg muffins are kid friendly, perfect for ‘on the go’, and super easy to make. I make a whole batch on Sunday nights and eat one (or uhm maybe more) a day for breakfast.
There are so many variations of these you can do – mix and match it up! I’ve added goat cheese, chopped up veggies and different fresh and dried herbs and they all come out tasting great.
I like to bake the bacon right before because then it’s still warm and malleable. Voila! A tasty treat that can easily be turned into larger batches to feed the whole family. Low carb, high fat, high protein, and super yummy.
Bacon Egg Muffins
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Herbs of choice
- 1/2 Cup Cheese of choice
- Salt And Pepper
- Line baking sheets with tinfoil, lay out bacon on sheet
- Bake bacon for ~15 minutes at 400 degrees or until nearly cooked
- Remove bacon from oven, put on racks covered in paper towels to drain
- Decrease oven temperature to 375 degrees
- Whisk six eggs and cream (and any seasonings you wish to add, including the herbs, salt and pepper)
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray (I use Trader Joe's Coconut Oil non stick cooking spray)
- Take a piece of bacon and bend it into a circle to fit into the muffin pan. Repeat.
- If adding cheese, I like to sprinkle it into the pan at this time, right before pouring in the egg batter
- Pour egg batter evenly into each bacon lined muffin slot. If you prefer, you could also add cheese on top at this time.
- Bake for about 20 minutes