So when I was looked in the fridge wondering what to pair with my leftover jambalaya and saw I had a rutabaga, carrots and daikon radish, it was immediately apparent that I needed to make a nommy mash!
Root Veggie Mash
- 1 Rutabaga 15 oz
- 2 Carrots 4 oz
- 1 Daikon Radish 8 oz
- 3 tablespoons Whole Cream
- 1 tablespoon Butter optional
- 2 tablespoons Shredded Cheese Shredded/Grated; I used an parmesan/romano mix
- Bring a medium to large pot of water to a boil and dump in all the root veggies
- Boil until you can stick a fork easily into them
- Drain (RESERVE THE LIQUID!*) and dump veggies into food processor/blender/or back into pot
- Mush/process/blend veggies with the cream, butter and cheese.
Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!!!
*When you boil veggies, a lot of the nutrients go into the liquid. I reserved the liquid and made another batch of jambalaya the next night using the root veggie broth in place of the chicken stock.
Photographs courtesy of Jason Hullinger