Here is my Farm Fresh to You review regarding the Farm Fresh to You Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) boxes. Farm Fresh to You is my predominant source of fresh organic fruits and veggies.
My lovely pal Lindsay over at FitandAwesome.com introduced me to Farm Fresh To You, a CSA service that will deliver TO my doorstep AND allow exclusions AND has a VEGGIE ONLY box! Wow, can we say TRIPLE win?
Farm Fresh to You Review Pros:
- Delivers to your doorstep starting at 8 PM the night before your ‘delivery day’ to 8 AM the day of delivery. I got mine around 9 PM and it was delivered by a hottie.
- Veggie only box
- Very detailed exclusions list (so I can ban ALL potatoes, and just the spicy peppers)
- Easy to use website with lots of functionality (ie vacation dates, etc)
- Website that allows you to easily edit and add in additional veggies
Farm Fresh to You Review Con:
- A bit pricey at $31 a box. To be fair, I priced out the same veggies (and chose organic when available) on Amazon Fresh and it came to OVER $30.
- Sometimes to replace your exclusions, they make bad choices. I got SIX heads of lettuce in a box. SIX. I hate lettuce.
Here is what I got in a recent basket (note that I restricted out all high carb veggies):
- 2.5 lb assorted heirloom tomatoes
- Mixed cherry tomatoes (small clamshell box)
- 2 Haas avocados
- 4 green bell peppers
- .5 lb green beans
- .5 lb gypsy peppers
- 1 lb summer squash (2 lol)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 giant bunch of celery
- 1 giant-er bunch of Romaine lettuce
I’m excited because I’ve never had/seen “gypsy peppers” before and ended up experimenting with them and coming up with lots of various recipes.
Final Farm Fresh to You review: If you are looking for a flexible CSA box service, Farm Fresh To You is definitely worth it. Get $10 off your first box if you enter Promo Code SARA7949. Please let me know what you think of their service!