I know, cats sure look delicious. And if they are anything like my cats, they are plump and juicy. But unfortunately, they are a lot of work to prepare.
So this post is dedicated to preparing beets – the easiest thing evah.
Once roasted, you can chop them up in a salad, mix them into other dishes, or even turn them into cupcakes.
TIP: Keep the beet greens, rinse them off and throw them into your salad. They are super tasty!!
Here are some quick run down instructions on roasting beets. If you would like more detail, check out YouTube videos, which are pretty detailed.
1. Cut stems an inch away from beet and cut off rat tail (see pic)
2. After scrubbing the beets clean with water, lightly cover beets in olive oil
3. Put about four beets on tinfoil with a pat of butter and wrap it up.
4. Bake bake bake at 400 for at least 45 minutes.
5. Once cooled, peel off their skin. In all honesty, I never even did this part and never noticed the beet skin.
Voila. Baked beets.
What do you do with your beets?